DUNDONALD Bluebell’s William Hill Scottish Cup hopes ended in Ayrshire on Saturday and there were also defeats for Kelty Hearts, while junior teams Lochore Welfare and Lochgelly Albert also went down.

The only winners were Hill of Beath Hawthorn and Crossgates Primrose.

Auchinleck Talbot 6,

Dundonald Bluebell 1.

THE ‘Bell knew that this Scottish Cup replay was going to be a really tough test and they found themselves making too many errors in the opening stages.

Auchinleck came out of the blocks fast and lost a goal in the first five minutes after a defensive mix-up and then in 12 minutes things got worse for Dundonald when a foul in the box allowed the home side to score from the spot.

The Bluebell were toiling and they had to work hard to stay in the tie but on the half hour a poor pass gave Talbot the chance to added a third.

The Bell’s day probably was summed up shortly before the break when a cross-cum-shot hit the inside of the far post and crossed the line to make the break score 4-0.

A couple of changes in the Moorsiders' line-up at the break saw things improve for them but another piece of poor work at the back saw a fifth for the hosts although the visitors got a goal back when Matty Gay finished brilliantly by lobbing the ‘keeper.

However, a late strike by Auchinleck took their tally to six.

Bluebell boss, Lee Dair, said that his side must learn from their Ayrshire experience: “We simply made too many mistakes and each one was punished.

“The first-half saw a series of errors and you cannot do that against a team as good as Talbot and they really punished us.

“Now we have to look at building our Premier League points total and we will have to avoid making the sort of mistakes that haunted us in Ayrshire to do that.”

Lee was delighted to be able to sign Kelty Hearts' record goal scorer Stuart Cargill on Thursday.

Cumbernauld Colts 2,

Kelty Hearts 1.

A FIRST Lowland League defeat this season for Hearts and they found themselves frustrated by a lively Colts side.

It was a very tight game and neither side had many clear cut chances in the early stages, but Kelty went close in the 36th minute when Thomas Reilly hit the bar.

However, five minutes later Cumbernauld took the lead with a very good piece of finishing.

Hearts had a chance to get level 11 minutes into the second period when a foul in box gave Scott Linton a penalty chance but his shot was saved by the Colts ‘keeper.

Cumbernauld had a couple of good efforts which saw fine saves from Ben Mackenzie then at the other end Linton saw his effort come off the bar.

With seven minutes to go Nathan Austin got the leveller for Hearts but with three minutes left Colts broke up field and fired in the winner which puts them in third spot, a point ahead of Kelty.

Leaders Bonnyrigg Rose are four points ahead of the New Central Parkers who have a game in hand.

Penicuik Athletic 1,

Hill of Beath Hawthorn 2.

A GREAT result for Haws as they handed Penicuik their first defeat of the season in the East of Scotland Premier League.

Hill of Beath started the game well and were asking questions of the Athletic rearguard and in 15 minutes Lewis Elder sent over a fine cross and Regan Lumsden was waiting to fire home from six yards.

Penicuik seldom posed many problems for the Haws and on the half hour the visitors went two up when Shaun Leishman’s long pass was brilliantly brought down by Joe Kirby and he fired the ball into the net.

That was the way it stood at the break and after the interval Haws continued to see a lot of the ball but there were fewer openings for them although Penicuik also did not create much.

Haws defended solidly and there was only five minutes to go when Penicuik scored from the spot but it was only a consolation for Cuicky.

The result puts Haws in the third place, a point ahead of Penicuik.

Haws boss Kevin Fotheringham was delighted with his team’s performance: “We have done well against Penicuik in recent seasons and we again tried to suck them in and hit on the break and it did cause them a lot of trouble.

“We defended well and kept them down to only a few chances and it was a pleasing three points.”

Ormiston Primrose 0,

Crossgates Primrose 5.

THIS Football Nation Cup second round tie was totally dominated by the Crossgates version of the Primroses.

The Humbuggers were the favourites for this one despite their indifferent start to the season, and they were in front after only nine minutes when a good move saw Scott Lawrie with the chance to put his side ahead.

Ormiston have been finding life hard in the EoS Conferences and struggled to pose Crossgates many problems but they managed to keep the visitors in check.

But two goals in the 42nd and 44th minutes turned the tie towards the Fifers. Ryan Cowie finished well to double the lead then Lewis Sawers made the break score 3-0.

Two minutes after the interval the tie was dead when Cowie grabbed his second to make it 4-0, and with Ormiston in disarray, it was now a case of how many.

Lawrie converted a penalty in 53 minutes to send Crossgates nap and there could have been others but at the end of the day the visitors are in the hat for round three.

Lochore Welfare 0,

Fauldhouse United 2.

THE Welfare’s barren run in the Super League continued at home to Fauldhouse.

The opening 45 minutes saw Lochore have plenty of the ball but a solid United defence posed problems for the home side.

Chances were few for the hosts but non existent for Fauldhouse but there was an opportunity for the Welfare when a ball into the box opened United up but the danger was scrambled clear.

In the second period Lochore threatened when Keiryan Hicks had a chance but he just could not get his shot away and the ball was cleared.

In a rare United raid they took the lead in 72 minutes when a visiting defender struck an amazing volley into the net.

Jamie McNeish almost got an equaliser but the ball was scrambled clear then with five minutes to go Fauldhouse got a second.

So Lochore are still looking for their first point but manager James Adam feels it will not be long before his team is winning games: “It was a very frustrating game.

“We had a lot of the ball but struggled to create really clear chances.

"There were a few things which did not go our way but the encouraging thing is we have been very much in every game we have played and the goals will come.”

Stoneyburn 9,

Lochgelly Albert 1.

THE Berts are still looking for their first South Division point and really this was always going to be a tough game against a team who are leading the table.

Lochgelly started well and had a couple of openings but in 15 minutes ‘Burn took the lead. However, within five minutes the Berts were level through a fine finish by James Gunn.

They were competing well but on the half hour Stoneyburn regained the lead.

A penalty made the score 3-1 and then slackness by the Albert saw them 4-1 down and a fifth in 51 minutes put the game out of sight.

Four goals in the last 15 minutes gave a rather harsh reflection on the result from the Albert point of view.

Saturday’s fixtures, Lowland League, Vale of Leithen v Kelty Hearts (3pm). East of Scotland Premier League, Blackburn United v Hill of Beath Hawthorn (2.30), Crossgates Primrose v Musselburgh Athletic (2.30), Dundonald Bluebell v Penicuik Athletic (2.30).

Super League, Thornton Hibs v Lochore Welfare (2.30). South Division, Lochgelly Albert v Sauchie JFC (2.30).