IT was another wet night at Lochgelly Raceway on Friday with the rain pretty much relentless throughout the night. However, the drivers were in great form as they continued to provide some excellent wheel to wheel racing despite the conditions, writes Raceway reporter Kevin McQueen.

The Superstox were in action for the final time ahead of their European Championship at Northampton in a few weeks' time.

Bryan Forrest was in great form in the wet conditions, taking an excellent double heat win.

The opening race for the Superstox saw Adam Low come away victorious, with a fantastic battle taking place behind him, most notably between Forrest and Stuart Gilchrist, with the pair of them chopping and changing positions for the majority of the race.

Dean Johnston brought his car home in second place, ahead of Chris Cuthbert in what was his best finish of the season to date, with Gilchirst and Forrest just behind.

Shortly before heat 2 came onto track, the rain started falling and from that point on, it never eased off throughout the night.

In the wet conditions, Forrest seemed unstoppable as he stormed to a relatively comfortable heat win in race 2, with Chris Miller and Stuart Gilchrist rounding off the top 3.

The meeting final seen Stuart Gilchrist get the break at the start of the race, battling his way through to the front of the back after overcoming Kenny McKenzie and Chris Cuthbert in the latter stages of the race, however, Forrest was on the chase and quickly caught the Gilchrist car.

Gilchrist tried his best to thwart the progress of Forrest, with a battle over a couple of laps between the pair, before Forrest broke clear to take the race win ahead of Gilchrist and McKenzie.

The Stock Rods were a little down on numbers, but had a welcome visit from Englishman Phil Manning.

The star graded drivers found the racing tough in a competitive field of cars, with Chris Lattka being top scoring star graded driver come the end of the race, bringing his car home in 5th place.

Yellow graded driver, Chris Dearn took a race win, his first since the 2nd meeting of the season, with Andy Grant bringing his mis-firing car home in 2nd place ahead of David Crichton.

Gary Dean brought out his new car for the first time this season and it was right on the pace, racing to a victory in the 2nd heat of the night ahead of Siobhan Martin and Darren McAlpine.

The meeting final seen Gary Dean take the win, his first final win of the season, which prevented Siobhan Martin from winning her 5th final in a row, coming home in 2nd place with Gary Nicholls in 3rd.

The youngsters in the Ministox again, provided excellent entertainment throughout the night with around 20 cars in attendance.

Jake Wilson continued his impressive run of form, racing to an opening heat win after holding off Robbie Hamilton for the majority of the race, with Rian Mitchell coming home in third. Mitch Gold returned to form after a dip in the last month or so, taking a double race win in the second heat rounded off with a superb win in the meeting final. Travelling regular Aaron Richards finished in 2nd place in the 2nd heat of the night, with Robbie Hamilton finishing in 3rd.

The meeting final seen a fantastic race with Jake Wilson, Koddi Wright, Mitch Gold and a few others. Jake led the way but was coming under increasing pressure from those behind, but wasn’t keen on yielding the position. He lost the lead but managed to get back in front before a 6 car pile up developed on the back straight which seen Jake spinning out of contention. Mitch Gold came through in the lead and held on to take the win ahead of Ross Lawrence and Aaron Richards.

The ProStocks were the final formula in action and were in destructive mood, with a number of cars failing to make it through to the end of the meeting! The opening race was won by Craig Millar, but later seen it taken off of him for a technical infringement, resulting in Dean Abercrombie getting the race win ahead of Paul Barron and Ian Christie. The 2nd heat of the evening saw Abercrombie take the win, with Christie 2nd and Jake Cameron in 3rd, in a race that seen Paul Barron disqualified for ignoring the black flag after excessive contact, which also seen him loaded up for the evening. Ian Christie took full advantage in the final to take the race win ahead of Michael Mitchell and Dean Abercrombie.

This weekend sees the 2.0 Hot Rods, 1300 Stock Cars and Rebel Racers battle it out for their respective European Championships, with 2 fantastic days racing kicking off from 5pm on Saturday and then again at 1pm on Sunday. Join us for that one on the 8th and 9th June.