NOTHING but good results on the football card at the weekend.

There were wins for Kelty Hearts, Hill of Beath Hawthorn, Lochore Welfare and Crossgates Primrose, and a draw for South Division basement side Lochgelly Albert at second top Armadale.

Kelty Hearts 6,

Whitehill Welfare 1.

LOWLY Whitehill were eventually crushed by Kelty in a Lowland League game which had to be won by Hearts to keep pressure on the leaders East Kilbride.

However, in the early stages of the match the Whitehill defence worked hard, and with good support from the midfield, they went about frustrating the hosts.

The good work lasted until the 19th minute when Hearts finally broke through when Ross Mutch’s pass gave Brian Ritchie a chance and when the ‘keeper blocked his finish Chris Dodd netted the rebound.

Four minutes later Mutch added a second and Whitehill’s resistance started to disappear and within another two minutes Murray Carstairs bulleted home a header from a good cross from a free-kick.

Before the break Kelty got another when a good move saw Stuart Cargill made the interval score 4-0.

Whitehill started the second period well and pulled one back in 63 minutes, but it just seemed to wake Hearts up and Dodd took only two minutes to give the home side the nap hand.

With four minutes to go Carstairs scored again, this time with a low drive, to finish off a good day for Kelty, but EK won again to stay 11 points clear of the local side.

Hill of Beath Hawthorn 4,

Dunbar United 0.

HAWS ended up much too strong for fifth top of East of Scotland League Conference B Dunbar United.

The Keirs Parkers started a little flatly though and in the opening stages there were few really good openings but the opener came for Haws on the half hour.

A long throw was flicked on by Daniel Watt and Joe Kirby appeared at the back post to knock the ball home.

There were openings for a second but at the break there was only one goal in it and Dunbar started the second-half well and Stuart Hall made a great save to preserve the lead .

He was rewarded for his efforts on 65 minutes when a cross by substitute Lewis Elder saw Daniel Watt fire a header past the ‘keeper.

This opened the game up and Greg Smith’s corner was perfect for Lyle Kellichan whose header gave the ‘keeper no chance.

Dunbar were struggling now and they lost a fourth when Sean Leishman made a great run past two defenders and then rounded the ‘keeper to complete a good result for Haws.

The win leaves them on 41 points from 16 games, five behind leaders Penicuik with a game in hand.

Hill of Beath boss Kevin Fotheringham was pleased with the show from his team: “We started the game a little quietly but once we went ahead we started to play some really good football.

“The goals started to flow and it was an overall good performance. It will be difficult to beat Penicuik to the title but our aim is to win all our remaining eight matches and take it to the last day.”

Tynecastle 3,

Crossgates Primrose 4.

A DRAMATIC EoS League Conference B game and Primrose battled it out to maintain their challenge for a top five finish.

Crossgates got their noses in front in the 21st minute when Scott Lawrie finished well but Tynecastle came back at them and within seven minutes were level.

The home defence was finding veteran striker Lawrie a hot handful and he restored the Primrose lead in 34 minutes but before the break a penalty situation allowed the home side to go in level at the break.

Crossgates always looked capable of scoring when in possession and they went ahead again in the 56th minute when Mark McKenzie finished well.

Three minutes later Crossgates stretched their advantage to two goals with a brilliant piece of work by Darren Aitken making it 4-2.

However, Tynecastle kept at it and 19 minutes from time they pulled one back and in a tense finish the Primrose defence worked well to ensure an important win.

They remain fifth on 31 points but both Sauchie and Dalkeith Thistle are on their tails so there is no letting up in the need for wins.

Kirkcaldy YM 1,

Lochore Welfare 4.

LOCHORE bounced back from their League Cup disappointment of the previous week to send a message out that they are serious about winning promotion to the Super League.

This South Division game saw Welfare start well and in ten minutes they took the lead when Joe Kinninmonth finished well.

YM battled back but Lochore defended well and they always looked capable of scoring when ploughing forward.

Two minutes from the break they stretched the lead when Scott Renton was on the right spot to score.

Welfare did not let up in the second period and it was 3-0 when Kearyn Hicks powered in a header.

Lochore were in charge and YM were getting pulled all over the park and when Kinninmonth fired in number four the game was over.

With results going their way at the weekend Lochore are six points behind second top Armadale with three games in hand so a promotion campaign is now very much on.

Said Lochore boss James Adam: “A vastly improved performance from the previous week.

“We were sharper in all areas of the pitch and the finishing was good.

“We have to keep winning and keep the pressure on Armadale, Livingston and Bathgate, and we have an interesting game this weekend in the shape of a local derby with Lochgelly Albert, at Crosshill, and hopefully there will be a big crowd.”

Armadale Thistle 3,

Lochgelly Albert 3.

LOCHGELLY Albert went into this South Division game against the second top side with new signing Aaron Wood in the side and making his debut, with Euan Robertson making his first start, and they played a big part in the side getting a good point.

The opening stages saw the Berts do well and in 16 minutes Ricki Cooper and Joe Dawson set up Robertson and his shot went just over.

In 38 minutes the visitors took the lead when Cooper found Dawson and his 25 yard shot flew into the net.

However, four minutes from the break a long ball down the right saw a good finish from Armadale to level it at the break.

In 51 minutes the Berts went ahead again when the Thistle 'keeper pushed an Albert forward at a corner and Wood slammed home the spot-kick.

The visitors were looking composed but again they were caught out by Thistle and the hosts squared it with a fantastic 30 yard shot.

The Berts were looking for all three points though and a brilliant piece of work by Cooper restored their lead with 18 minutes left when he took a pass from Wood and slotted the chance away.

They wanted to match manage the game out and succeeded until the last two minutes when a penalty, after the referee felt a cross hit a Lochgelly hand, gave Thistle a point, but it was a great show from Lochgelly.

The basement boys will climb off the bottom of the South Division if they can keep this sort of stuff going despite a tough fixture list.

Manager Andy Healy was pleased with what he saw: “It was a good week getting Aaron Wood aboard and Euan Robertson and Michael Perrie signing two year contracts.

“The game itself saw a lot of good football and the lads really worked their socks off, always being in the game and creating some good chances.

“There are some difficult games coming up but we are capable of getting results.”

Satuurday’s fixtures, King Cup, Dundonald Bluebell v Crossgates Primrose (2.30pm), Sauchie v Hill of Beath Hawthorn (2.30). South Division, Lochore Welfare v Lochgelly Albert (2.30).