KELTY’S first-half goal blitz saw three Lowland League points for them while Dundonald Bluebell hit double figures in Saturday's card.

Meanwhile Lochore Welfare won to push themselves into the South Division promotion race.

Kelty Hearts 4,

Gretna 2008 0.

A FOUR goal blast in the last 15 minutes of the first-half gave Kelty the points to keep them in touch with Lowland League leaders East Kilbride.

Yet Hearts had goalkeeper Scott Christie to thank stay level in the opening seconds of the game.

A foul in the box saw Gretna get a penalty but Christie made a good save, but for quite a spell the visitors, struggling in the bottom four, charged forward.

New home striker, Kyle Wilson, signed from East of Scotland League Conference B leaders, Bonnyrigg Rose, suffered a head knock but recovered after treatment and played his part in the goal blitz in the run up to half-time.

The opener came when a Stephen Husband cross was headed wide of the ‘keeper by Brian Ritchie,

A minute later it was 2-0 when a 2008 defender slipped the ball past his own ‘keeper under pressure.

Gretna were struggling now and four minutes from the break whistle Murray Carstairs headed home a Husband corner.

Seconds from the whistle it was 4-0 when Carstairs struck again scoring from close in after a Husband free-kick was deflected to him.

The home fans were looking for more goals after the break but Gretna defended well and although Cargill went close they could not add to their tally.

Chris Dodd twice threatened as well but Gretna were happy to get out of the game losing just the four.

The result pushed Hearts close to second top BSC Glasgow and kept them 11 points behind EK.

Tranent 4,

Crossgates Primrose 1.

A SECOND-HALF collapse saw Primrose leave Tranent pointless in this East of Scotland League Conference B fixture.

It was an important game for the Humbug Park side who started the match ahead of Tranent and in the early stages they looked very comfortable.

Tranent attacked strongly at times and it took some good work by visiting ‘keeper Henderson to keep them out.

However, at the other end there were openings for Crossgates and Mark McKenzie twice went close for them.

They started the second period pretty solidly too but they were caught out in 67 minutes when the home side were able to force the ball home.

Primrose needed to hit back but three minutes later it was Tranent who struck with a second to leave Primrose with a mountain to climb.

Crossgates tried hard to get back into it but could not get a goal and a third 11 minutes from time ensured the points would be staying in East Lothian.

A fourth six minutes from time tied up the result for Tranent but this Primrose team never gives up and substitute Scott Lawrie pulled one back in 89 minutes.

The result saw Tranent take Primrose’s fourth spot but Crossgates can still make their target of fifth place.

Dundonald Bluebell 13,

Eyemouth United 0.

THIS King Cup tie was over at Moorside within 45 minutes.

In that spell the home side hit five goals and it was no surprise that they eventually scored double figures.

With former Kelty defender Conrad Courts in their line-up, Bluebell faced the strong wind in the first period but still dominated the ball and goals came at regular intervals.

Billy Rogerson hit a double and strikes from Archie Campbell, Lewis McKenzie and Chris Gay made the break score 5-0.

Facing the gale made things even worse for Eyemouth and goals came even more regularly and McKenzie brought his tally to five while Campbell hit a hat-trick.

Further goals came from Rogerson, who also completed a hat-trick, and Calum Smith while Eyemouth seldom bothered the Bluebell defence.

Said ‘Bell boss Jason Dair: “It was good to get back into action although Eyemouth found it hard going.

“It was good to get through to the next round of the King Cup and score some goals with some very important games coming up in the near future.

“We have fixed up Conrad until the end of the season and he will bring some good experience to the squad.”

Newburgh 3,

Lochore Welfare 4.

A DRAMA filled game on Tayside with Lochore getting an important three point haul.

The game started with Newburgh putting Welfare under some pressure and in nine minutes they took the lead with a good finish.

Welfare were soon back in the game and there were a couple of close calls around the Newburgh goal before Joe Kinninmonth squared things in 21 minutes with a fine piece of work by the front man.

Lochore started to dominate possession and three minutes from the break they went ahead when Scott Renton was in the right place to slot the ball home.

However, ‘Burgh came back at them and in time added on at the break they levelled things.

Lochore started the second period going forward and they created several chances but it was an amazing strike from Sean Johnstone that gave them the advantage again.

Newburgh kept asking questions though and it was clear the visitors needed a fourth to ensure a win.

It came nine minutes from time and it was a trademark individual finish from Kinninmonth which got number four with a real solo effort.

However, Newburgh came back again with a third but Lochore held on for three vital South Division points.

The Welfare have 21 points from 14 games and are in fifth place, and only six behind second top Armadale with two games in hand, so it is very much in Lochore’s hands to get the second top promotion spot.

Lochgelly Albert 1,

Rosyth Recreation 4.

THE Berts started this South Division game in great form but ended up on the end of another defeat.

Lochgelly had attackers Ryan Hughes (from Newburgh) and Joe Dawson (Oakley) plus defender Mark Higgins (Crossgates) in their line-up and opened well with the wind behind them and took the lead in seven minutes when with a very good finish from Hughes, after good work from Ricky Cooper and Darren Ormistion and his 30 yarder flew into the top corner.

However, they had to hold onto it for a period but the equaliser came within 15 minutes.

The Berts kept very much in the picture with some good play and Cooper’s free-kick just crept wide but another goal would not come.

Level at the break things looked good for Lochgelly but five minutes after half-time Rosyth took the lead with a free header from a corner.

The hosts stayed at it and Dawson and Cooper set up Ormiston and his shot slipped inches wide, but when the Recs got a third in 72 minutes from a sharp break up the park, the game was safe for them.

A late fourth, from more slack marking at a corner, perhaps flattered the visitors but the home team’s luck has not yet changed.

Berts boss Andy Healy was very disappointed to lose two goals from set pieces, but he did point out that the fierce wind at the Tap of the Toun, made life difficult for the players: “The conditions were very difficult for both teams and at times it was almost unplayable.

“However, we had good moments in the game and should have been ahead at the break.

“But losing the second goal to a free header at a corner was totally avoidable and it gave Rosyth momentum with wind advantage.

“However, hopefully our new recruits will help our efforts to get away from the foot of the table, but alas we have three players cup-tied for this weekend’s East Region Cup game with Dundee North End.”

Saturday’s fixtures, Lowland League, Gala Fairydean v Kelty Hearts (3pm). East of Scotland League Conference A, Penicuik Athletic v Hill of Beath Hawthorn (2.30). East of Scotland League Conference B, Crossgates Primrose v Bonnyrigg Rose, Dalkeith Thistle v Dundonald Bluebell (both 2.30).

Thorntons Property East League Cup, Lochore Welfare v Livingston United (2.30). D J Laing East Region Cup, Dundee North End v Lochgelly Albert (2.30).