THE holiday stock car meeting at the Cowdenbeath Racewall on Sunday provided the fans with no shortage of action although towards the end, when the mist descended, it proved to be a bit difficult to see what was happening at the other end of the track, wreites our Racewall scribe Jim Turner.

The Micro Banger drivers were in top form and many a car was left in a wrecked condition, some even racing with only three wheels on their cars.

Paul Dempster managed to roll his car whilst trying to take out the leader but there were pile ups galore throughout their races.

Holly Glen went on to dominate the Van Bangers winning three out of their four races whilst a couple of vans were sidelined with small fires!

Lee Clarke(Cowdenbeath) was racing the Racewall track van which he somehow managed to wreck during the first heat.

The Micro Banger drivers raced in teams of four with no fewer than 39 drivers turning up including three teams from the Mayfield Mob and two from the Krazy Krew.

The first heat was punctuated by pile ups and shunts and out of the 30 starters only two made it to the finish line. The cars piled into each other on the turnstile bend before the pit bend started to look like a parking lot with no fewer than nine cars parked at crazy angles.

Scott Wilson (Kelty) was the early leader but at the end it was Billy Wilson (Lochgelly) who led home Derek Wilson. The Krazy Krew appeared en masse for heat two but almost right away Tony Glendinning was in trouble and ended up against the wall.

Sean McConnachie took over the lead with Scott Lindsell having the back end of his car rearranged in a shunt but with debris on the track the race was suspended.

McConnachie made a good re-start but came under pressure from Dempster and when they came together Dempster rolled and McConnachie hit the tyres. This left Scott Wilson in the lead and he reeled off the remaining laps to win from Danny McMullan and Ryan Thompson with six cars making it to the finish line.

There was a big turnout of cars for the final – literally every car that could run - was on the grid but within a couple of laps the race was suspended after Billy Wilson was in a heavy shunt and required assistance to get out of his car. Wilson was later taken to hospital for a check-up.

Glendinning led on the re-start from McMullan although a couple of laps later the lead changed hands. Glendinning lost ground with S. Wilson beginning to close the gap. James Dillon got involved in a shunt on the pit bend but the next lap bounced off the wall as his steering failed and he crashed out. Wilson was delayed as Thompson got involved with only three cars left running. Scott Wilson then reeled off the remaining laps to win from Callum Campbell and McMullan.

In the end it was Krazy Krew team A which ended up as the winning team.

There were 12 cars on the track for the Destruction Derby and after quite a few shunts and head-on crashes Jon Taylor ended up as the sole car running.

The Van Bangers were in good form with Saloon drivers Barry and Holly Glen in action, whilst Lee Clarke brought out the Racewall track van that had seen better days.

Connor Key was sent spinning almost as soon as the first heat started on the pit bend with Barry Glen doing likewise at the end of the main straight. Holly Glen moved into the lead from Stevie Nicol although a couple of laps later Sean McConnachie sent him wide as he moved into second spot. McConnachie began to close in on the leader but then the race was stopped after Clark and Derek Boles crashed heavily. The field lined up behind H. Glen who made a good start but McConnachie was running in close order. And when McConnachie made his bid for the lead he sent Glen’s van into a half spin before he collected Nicol and B. Glen. This left H. Glen clear and she went on to win from McConnachie and Nicol.

Neil Naismith made it out for heat two with H. Glen again the early leader from Nicol and Naismith but when the latter moved into second then began to close the gap to the leader.

B. Glen bounced off the wall then spun but at the front H. Glen was under pressure before being shunted wide which allowed Naismith through into the lead. Naismith then eased away from H. Glen but the leaders had to keep an eye out for B. Glen whose van tended to spin at every bend. Naismith went through to win from H. Glen and Nicol.

When the final started Connor Van Dieken (Leven) but he was soon overtaken and H. Glen shot by to move into the lead. Allan Paterson and Nicol tangled and did so a few laps later which left the Paterson van against the infield marker tyres. H. Glen carried on clear of the field as van Dieken sent B. Glen bouncing off the wall but he soon restarted at the tail of the field. H. Glen went through to win the final from van Dieken and Nicol.

The drivers then went straight into their Destruction Derby with van Dieken being sent spinning and B. Glen’s van crying enough. Nicol managed a few hefty hits on Holly’s van on the turnstile bend and then on the pit bend. By then there was smoke coming out for the Nicol van and it finally stopped to get a brief fire extinguished leaving H. Glen the winner.

There was a good turn out of Junior Bangers with half of the field coming from south of the border.

Mason Dodds hit the wall entering the main straight and spun on the opening lap with William Walmsley going straight into the lead from Jamie Sangster. A couple of laps later Sangster was spun and it was Jacob Hampson who moved into second spot. Louie Cottrill was running ahead of Harry Gelsthrop but as the race progressed they swapped places. There was to be no catching Walmsley and he went through to win from Hampson and Gelsthrop. Heat two started with Gelsthrop going straight into the lead from Michael Gordon but a couple of laps later Gordon had been sent wide and was running at the tail of thee field. Cottrill moved into second and then began to close in on the leading car. Once he caught Gelsthrop they ran nose to tail for a few laps before Cottrill dived through into the lead on the inside line. Once ahead Cottrill went through to win from Walmsley and Hampson.

Naomi McLean spun on the pit bend almost as soon as the final started with Sangster the early leader. However, he was sent wide allowing Hampson to take the lead.

The race was suspended after Koddie Wright crashed heavily and he needed assistance out of his car. When the race restarted Hampson was able to ease away from the field as the next four drivers fought it out for second. Hampson then went on to win from Walmsley and Cottrill with Joey Holmes the last remaining runner.

More information regarding the practice meetings and main events will be highlighted as more details come to hand.