IT was an excellent night of stock car action on Friday at Lochgelly Raceway, with nine excellent, action packed races, writes our Raceway reporter Kevin McQueen.

The 1300 Stock Cars were the headline formula as they contested their annual Mr Gunn event, but any of the three formula in action could easily have fitted the bill as the ‘headline attraction’ given how great the racing was in all three formula.

The CC Rods got the action underway on Friday, and a very competitive field of cars found the going tough in the dry conditions.

There were some mouth-watering moments, but it would be a night of lower grade domination in terms of race wins – Brian Allen taking his first win of the season in the ex Raymond Brown car in the opening heat of the night, whilst Craig Mason also took his first win of the year in the second heat, as he had a shot of Natalie Mason’s car.

Mason found himself well ahead of the pack, so much so that Jack Robertson thought he had won the race despite finishing in second place!

The meeting final would see the cars gridded up as per the points they scored in the opening two heats – Jack Robertson, starting on pole position following two second place finishes in the heats. There would be no stopping Robertson, as he stormed clear of the field to take the win, and four tyres courtesy of Specialist Roofing. Kyle Hutchison would claim the CC Rod Points Championship for 2022, finishing ahead of Lee Scott.

The Ministox started off their weekend with an action packed night of racing – plenty of bumper work going on throughout each of the three races, with a rollover in the midst of things as well – Lewis Clark Burgoyne finding himself rolling as the cars entered the home straight in heat two.

Heat one saw an excellent showing from the Ford siblings – Cole Ford led home Eevie Ford in the pair’s first ever one-two finish in the formula, with National Champion Charlie Hardie finishing in third position. Heat two would see Eevie Ford’s night come to an end, with the driver hitting the wall hard on the exit of turn four and across the track into the infield – a sore driver as a result. Lewis Burgoyne would find himself on the receiving end of a hit from Bailey Millar on the last lap of the race, with Burgoyne bouncing off the wall and then over onto his roof. Charlie Burgoyne would take the race win ahead of Charlie Hardie and Robbie Armit.

The meeting final saw another eventful race, with Sam Cavanagh again in thick of the action, a big hit during the race on Charlie Burgoyne would see him disqualified for his actions.

The bumpers would continue to fly in throughout the race, with drivers chopping and changing positions regularly. Charlie Hardie would come through to take the race win – despite an excellent effort from Kerr Paterson who led the way much of the race before a yellow flag caution. Kerr would take second place, however, with Robbie Armit completing the top three!

The 1300 Stock Cars were in great form – as has been the norm in 2022. Just under 30 cars took to the track on the night, with action from the outset in each of the three races.

Billy Wilson charged to an excellent race win in heat two, with the in-form Jamie Stewart finishing in second place. Heat two saw a big rollover for Gordon Myers – Myers was the unfortunate driver that got bounced around on the exit of turn four and into the home straight bringing out a red flag on only the second lap of the race. Scott Lindsell would go on to take the race win in the race, with Jamie Stewart again finishing in second place.

The meeting final was the main event though – with the cars lining up to the much loved ‘Dignity’, before ‘We Will Rock You’ sounded to the cars beginning their rolling lap.

Kyle Hegg, who won the event in 2021, was determined for more success, and quickly found his way to the front of the grid in dominant style.

A comfortable win looked to be on the horizon, but with only a couple of laps remaining, Courtney Cameron – on her racing debut at 16 years old – found herself upside down on the home straight, clattered by a couple of oncoming cars. A quick checkover, and all was good with the driver, and the race resumed in single file manner.

Kyle Hegg restarted the race and found himself opening up a small gap to Charlie Henry in the closing laps to take the win. The debris behind him though, was dramatic – second, third, fourth, fifth and others were all up for grabs, and on the last corner of the race, the bumpers went in hard, the sparks flew as the cars hit the wall.

Fraser Clark beat Stuart Farrell to the line, with Farrell’s car limping across the line with substantial damage to the front end. The unfortunate Charlie Henry found herself pinned to the wall on turn four. To her credit, she got the car freed and crossed the line shortly afterwards.


IT might have been a dull night weather wise at the Cowdenbeath Racewall on Saturday evening, but the action on the track certainly made up for it, writes our Racewall scribe Jim Turner.

In practice Cammy McDonald had a big shunt and he spent the remainder of the time sorting his car!

There was a good number of Formula IIs at the track, with it also being a National Series round with their first race being their Champion of Champions race.

Mika Millar tangled with Paul Reid as he tried to take the lead and later Gordon Moodie and Liam Rennie did likewise as Moodie made his bid. This left Chris Burgoyne clear and he went on to win from Stevie Forster and Craig Wallace.

Heat wins went to Millar and Gordon Moodie whilst Burgoyne won the James Clarke Cochrane final from Moodie and Steven Burgoyne, whilst Guinchard won the National Series. The Grand National was won by S. Burgoyne from Moodie and P. Reid with Moodie clinching the track points title.

The Saloon action was exciting, even on a great track surface, with the Superbowl and World Ranking points being their target.

The drivers raced in a two heat consolation set up to determine grid places. There was plenty of contact at the start to heat one but in the end it was win for the home drivers with Aaron Triggs winning from Charlie Folan and Kegan Sampson.

Heat two was suspended after Logan Bruce got into trouble and pulled out. Stuart McCammon led the field away but Michael Allard pipped Stuart Shevill Jnr on the last bend to win with Stevie Honeyman third.

The first Fife win came during the consolation race when Ross Watters sent Warren Darby wide on the last bend to win from Darby and .Dale Robertson. .

Allard beat Triggs off the line to lead but the action started with Folan an early spinner and then hit by Wright. Shevill Jnr got ahead of Allard only for a race suspension to stop the proceedings. Shevill Jnr led from Allard but they were soon joined by Ian McLaughlin. Shevill Jnr eased away but McLaughlin dropped back as Shevill Jnr went through to win from Allard and Brad Compton-Sage

The ORCi Stock Rods were racing for their Simon Laing Memorial Trophy. Graham Osborne won the opening heat, James Gray the second, whilst Bailey McKinnon then won heat three.

The final was suspended after a three car shunt leaving Sean Naismith's car on its roof. Although Osborne led he lost out to Bethune who won the Laing Memorial Trophy with Osborne second and Chris Chance third.

The Classic Hot Rods were racing for the Jim Purdie Memorial Trophy. Alex Wilson won the opening heat from John Buchan and Kenny Purdie, whilst the latter won heat two from John Buchan and Richard Beere. The Jim Purdie Memorial Trophy was won by Buchan from Keith Chesher and Beere.

The weather on Sunday was cloudy but there were a few showers throughout the afternoon, especially just when the track was drying out!

The opening Saloon heat was won by Triggs, and the second by Allard but there was non-stop action throughout the race with numerous lead changes. Heat three was every bit as hectic with Stevie Honeyman taking the win.

The Gordon Barclay Memorial Trophy final certainly lived up expectations and turned out to be a Mathieson affair. The Lochgelly duo had Euan leading early on, and for a good part of the race, only to lose out to his brother Andrew who went on to win from Gradson and McLaughlin. Ross Watters won the Allcomers race but only on the last bend when he used the wall to good effect.

The stock rods were racing for their National Championship with Bethune winning heat one and James Gray heat two.

In a fast an exciting National Championship, Leon Stewart went through to win from David Philp Jnr and Gray. McKinnon was the white/yellow winner.

The ORCi Ministox drivers were as usual in cracking form with Lewis Clark Burgoyne winning the Sharpies Trophy, from Robbie Armit and Rachel Kidd, but he had to survive a last lap shoot out to do so. Jake Wilson won the first heat and Clark Burgoyne the second.

Richard Beere won the Doug Farrer Trophy from Callender and Hughie Weaver. Buchan then won the heat. Weaver then went on to win the Cock o the North Trophy from Beere and Buchan.

Well that is the season over until the January meeting, but watch out for Jim’s look back at the season and driver interviews in the coming weeks.