COWDENBEATH are finding their feet in the Lowland League after securing back-to-back league victories.

After a 3-0 win over Edinburgh University last Tuesday, the Blue Brazil matched that scoreline on Saturday as Gretna 2008 were swept aside.

Goals from Scott Sinclair, Sean Slaven and Aiden Gilmartin propelled Cowden up the table as momentum starts to build.

An early injury to stopper Jack Ruddy was an early worry, but the home side responded with the game's opener.

Slaven was fouled on the edge of the Gretna box and his striker partner Sinclair curled the free-kick beyond visiting goalkeeper Alasdair Adams.

Gretna looked to respond through Russell Currie, but his fierce drive from the edge of the area flashed inches wide.

Substitute keeper Danny Farrell was in impressive form off the bench and he brilliantly denied Calum Helm from close range as Stephen Hatfield's men pressed for the leveller.

However, it was Maurice Ross in the opposing dugout who had reason to celebrate as his team doubled their advantage.

Sinclair's shot from eight yards was well-saved, but Slaven volleyed the rebound towards goal; despite the efforts of Adams' left-hand, the ball was adjudged to have crossed the line.

Jack Dickinson's header was superbly kept out by Farrell as the half progressed but once again it would be the Blues who had the ball in the net next.

Cowden finished strongly with Sinclair going close to his second, but it was Gilmartin who sealed Saturday's contest.

The forward's teasing right-foot cross from the left flank bypassed both defenders and Cowden's attackers, finding its way to the back post and rolling back over the line into the opposite side of the goal.

That may have completed the game's scoring, but more drama would follow after the full-time whistle.

Gretna sub Helm picked up his second yellow for dissent, and then got involved with Cowdenbeath supporters by marching into the stand before being ushered away and receiving a straight red card.

A member of Gretna's coaching staff was also sent off by referee Iain Sneddon post-match.