AN action-packed night of racing at Lochgelly Raceway saw plenty of entertainment on the track for those that came along, writes our Raceway reporter Kevin McQueen.

The 1300 Stock Cars, Ministox and CC Rods all provided the action, with all three formula having various talking points, with a few on the fine edge of the laws.

The 1300 Stock Cars kicked-off proceedings and no sooner was the green flag out, a complete restart was called for as Josh Machin found himself short of a wheel on the opening lap, which sent him hard into the wall in the process. Once the race got underway, it was Peter Marioni that found himself out in front, being chased down by the pack behind.

A further stoppage would be called for as Mike Courts found himself embedded in the armco after a hefty push by Danny Whyte. The race again got underway, and it was fellow northern based driver, Ally Strachan, that would be the driver to overcome Marioni up front, whilst Lochgelly driver Craig Haxton took an excellent third place finish.

Heat two of was a little less eventful, but nevertheless, provided some great racing, as the bumpers were put to use around the Raceway, and throughout the race. Danny Whyte stormed to a convincing victory in heat two, whilst Brant West and Chloe Baird rounded out the top three.

The meeting final saw another great race, with European Champion, Kyle Hegg, charging from the rear of the grid to take an excellent, yet somewhat comfortable race win. Craig Haxton looked to be having one of his best nights of the season, as he took away another podium finish, albeit by the finest of margins, this time in second place, before Fraser Clark snatched third.

The CC Rods were again with us in great numbers for the second week in succession.

The ‘non-contact’ formula saw a lively first race of the night, a race that started with 20-plus cars on track, and seen only eight cars complete it! Midway through the race, Scott Ewans seemed to over steer coming out of turn four, to be collected by the oncoming Tam Brown and Dale Burt, with Brown and Burt retiring to the infield, and Ewans spinning as a result, ending up against the armco on the home straight. As the pack approached quickly, drivers all tried to avoid the car, though Keiron McIntyre would find himself sharply braking, and caught from behind, whilst James Robertson found his car rollover onto its roof in the melee. Dean McGill took an assured race win, with Raymond Brown and Mirran Adams taking the further podium places.

Heat two would see a race with somewhat less damage than the first. Kenny Pitcaithly broke away from his yellow grade starting position and opened up a massive lead to the rest of the pack. Heat one winner Dean McGill was again in good form, and looked to potentially have the speed to challenge Pitcaithly in the closing stages, however, he backed off somewhat in the remaining laps as he thought he was already in the lead of the race. Emma Kirk continued to show a determined character, as she fought to an excellent third.

The meeting final would see Raymond Brown take the flag first, having overcome Dean McGill in the closing stages of the race. An altercation between McGill and Brian Allen as the red flags came out, would see both drivers disqualified from the race, promoting Emma Kirk into second place, and Ian Christie into third place.

The Ministox saw 19 cars take to the track in what has been a busy period for the formula, with meetings around the country.

Heat one of the night saw the in-form Robbie Scott take victory ahead of Hamish Plenderleith, and Robbie Armit. Heat two would see Plenderleith go one better, taking an excellent race win, his first from the blue grade. Charlie Hardie crossed the line in second place, though found himself docked a couple of places for jumping the original start, promoting Rachel Kidd and Robbie Scott into second and third place.

There was a further misdemeanor as the red flags came out, with Demi Ritchie and Jake Wilson being in close contention. Wilson didn’t take kindly to the attention of Ritchie, and taking matters into his own hands as he spun the 14 car around after they crossed the line, with Wilson then not permitted to take further action in the meeting.

The meeting final would see another excellent race from the youngsters, but there would be no catching Rachel Kidd however, as she took a convincing race victory.

We are back in action this Saturday, with a 5.30pm start time.


ALL four classes at the Cowdenbeath Racewall, on Saturday night, should have been racing for their Turner Trophies but due to circumstances only the Micro F2 one was raced, writes our Racewall scribe Jim Turner.

The evening was warm and sunny, the track was dry and fast and as a result there was plenty of exciting racing.

Unfortunately the meeting was abandoned after Charlee Stewart crashed heavily in her ORCi Ministox with the emergency services being called to cut her out of her car before being taken to hospital. It was later posted that all the xrays etc were negative

Robbie Armit was given a lap of honour at the start of the meeting to celebrate his recent ORCi championship win.

Sidelined at present is Formula II driver Euan Millar, with a fractured leg, sustained not racing his stock car but playing football. Euan hopes to be back racing before the season ends but it all depends on how things go.

Amongst those racing in the Saloons were Kyle Irvine (Glenrothes), Ross Watters (Kennoway), Andrew Mathieson (Lochgelly), Gary Paterson (Saline). Visitors included Richard Regan, Danny Colliver and from Northern Ireland Dylan Booth. Paul Ford was also racing in one of the Honeyman cars, having won a meeting in a raffle.

Andy Ainslie led the field away when heat one started with Lee Burden slotting into second. Tam Rutherford Jnr moving into second closing the gap then Dylan Booth spun as Rutherford Jnr went through to win from Mathieson. Ainslie led away the field when heat two started from Robbie Bruce, but Paul Ford was soon in third although dicing with Paterson. Booth was sent spinning and soon afterwards Rutherford Jnr was sent spinning exiting the pit bend.

Just after the half distance Ford took the lead going on to win from Mathieson and Paterson.

Local drivers in the ORCi Stock Rods were Bailey McKinnon (Kincardine), Ian Christie (Kirkcaldy), Dylan Smart (Kirkcaldy), Craig Haxton (Leven), Stewart Paterson (Cowdenbeath), David Dignan (Methilhill) and Michael Bethune (Kirkcaldy).

The opening heat was suspended after a couple of laps after Dignan drifted wide and collected the wall. The field lined up behind Cameron McDonald for the restart and he led for a few laps as James Gray and Bethune made their way through the field.

Bethune moved into second then the lead chased by Gray. When passing Blackie the leaders touched sending Blackie into a spin. With only a couple of laps remaining McDonald was caught from behind and crashed into the wall bringing the race to a premature halt. Bethune was declared the winner from Gray and Martin Rankine. There were a few cars missing from heat two with Euan Robertson leading the field away from Dignan and a fast starting Christie.

Gray and Bethune were making inroads through the field emerging in third behind Paterson. Christie was closing the gap and on the last lap took the lead going on to win.

The action packed Ministox featured local drivers Kerr Paterson (Saline) and Nicole Allardyce (Leven).

Ollie Sime led the cars away but he was sent into a spin as Paterson took over the lead. He was then sent wide suspending the race. On the restart Robbie Scott led but towards the close Rachel Kidd took over to win

Mason Howe led the cars away he lost out to Scott. The race was suspended with Scott then leading the field away. Not long after the race restarted than Bailey Millar hit the wall hard, Owen Marshall a marker tyre and when Shaun Boyle was sent bouncing off the wall.

The race was suspended with the field again lining up behind Scott. The action continued after the restart with McLaughlin being spun. Armit made up ground to take the lead and win from Scott.

The final was stopped after Stewart’s unfortunate crash and the emergency services arrival to get her safely out of her car.

The only local Micro F2 driver in action was Jeorgie Honeyman (Cowdenbeath).

Although Evie McLellan led the early part of the race when the field bunched up, Taylor Rigby seized the opportunity to dive through into the lead to win from Oakley Grief who ran away with the second heat.

Although McLellan led the field away when the final started she lost out to Grief next time around. He soon had a big lead but then got hooked up with Lana Middler and slowed. Gemmell took over the lead and went in to win the Turner Trophy.

*At the Formula II World Championship semi finals at Buxton on Sunday there were a few Scottish drivers in action. In the first Gordon Moodie (Windygates) won from pole from the World Champion Chris Burgoyne (Falkirk).

*At Skegness the second of the Formula 1 semi finals was run with Tom Harris winning from Frankie Wainman Jr and Bobby Griffin.