A BALLINGRY woman who avoided jail narrowly for breaching bail when shouting at a child in the street has not done her unpaid work.

Michelle Jarvie, 38, previously of Ballingry Crescent, Ballingry, appeared back at Dunfermline Sheriff Court.

In March last year, she had been told she only avoided going to prison because she had a child.

Jarvie, who was previously known as Waugh, had admitted that on October 20, 2019, she breached bail conditions not to interfere with witnesses by making offensive and threatening comments repeatedly to a girl then aged 13.

She also admitted that on the same day at Malcolm Street, Ballingry, and en route to Dunfermline police station, she repeatedly shouted, swore, made threats of violence, kicked the door of the vehicle and challenged officers to fight.

The court was told that, at around 6pm, the girl was standing with a group of friends outside a shop.

Jarvie appeared in the area and shouted: “Don’t talk to that rat.”

She also shouted: “I’m going to annihilate her mum.”

Shortly afterwards, the girl again saw Jarvie, who approached her and said: “You’re a grass. I’m going to murder your maw.”

The court was told the girl was terrified and began crying.

On that occasion, defence solicitor James Moncrieff said: “She has significant mental health issues and that time had issues with her neighbours in the community.

"She has now moved out of Ballingry after being assaulted.”

He said her new address was not being disclosed in court for her safety.

Sheriff Charles Macnair had told her: “The only inference that can be taken from your remarks is you were trying to get her not to give evidence.”

He imposed a community payback order with 270 hours of unpaid work.

He warned Jarvie that it was only the fact she had a child that had stopped her from being sent to jail and that she could still end up there if she breached the order.

When she appeared back in court, defence solicitor Alan Davie said his client had not been able to do the unpaid work because of mental health issues.

Sheriff David Hall deferred sentencing on Jarvie until June 6 for Sheriff Macnair to deal with it.