Kelty Hearts 1, Forfar Athletic 0.

A SOLE second half goal was enough for Kelty Hearts to take all three points against second placed Forfar Athletic.

Kevin Thomson’s team now have a healthy ten point advantage at the top of the table after just 13 games.

They had to work hard for their victory with a game offering sparse chances for either team but a double substitution at half time provided instant rewards with sub Alfredo Agyeman breaking the deadlock within a minute of coming on.

The first half provided some good football at times from both sides but neither were able to break through to cause any major problems for the opposing side.

A corner with just ten minutes on the clock saw Andrew Hill rise to connect his head to the ball but his effort was wide.

Soon after, a free kick from just outside the box from Forfar was the closest they came to breaking the deadlock but the set piece went over.

Connor Barron produced a low long range shot on 21 minutes but keeper Mark McCallum claimed the ball without too much trouble.

Nathan Austin looked dangerous just before the half hour mark when he danced past several Forfar defenders but the away side cleared for a throw.

Kelty came out looking energised after the break and within a minute had gone ahead with sub Alfredo Agyeman.

He got himself on the end of a Douglas Hill cross and slotted the ball past the Forfar goalkeeper.

It wasn’t all Kelty and repeated pressure from Forfar made sure the home side didn’t have an easy afternoon.

A long range shot from Meechan was well claimed by Darren Jamieson just before the 60 minute mark.

Soon after, Cardle came close after playing on when sub Agyeman had been brought down. It was only a superb save from the Forfar keeper McCallum that stopped him getting on the scoresheet.

Agyeman could have grabbed his second after a Michael Tidser pass in the box but he slotted his shot just wide of the post.

Forfar had their closest chance on goal after 68 minutes after winning a free kick on the edge of the box. Stefan McClusky curled in a dangerous effort which hit the post and then went out of play for a goal kick.

Craig Slater whipped in another free kick for the visitors ten minutes later. His low range free kick looked far too far out to try a shot however it fizzed close to goal but went just wide.

Kelty Hearts: Jamieson, Black, Hill (Biabi 90), Forster, Cardle (Ngwenya 90), Austin (Agyeman 45), Higginbotham, Tidser, Finlayson (Philp 45), Barron, O’Ware.

Subs: Hooper, Reilly,, McNab, Donaldson

Forfar Athletic: McCallum, Meechan, Strachan, Anderson, Munro, Slater, Thomas, Shepherd (Crossan 74), Thomson, McCluskey, Aitken (Doris 83).

Subs: Hussain, Harkins, Fisher, Gallagher, Travis, Irvine, Sanderson.