DUNDONALD Bluebell’s first round venture into the Scottish Cup will have a tinge of real history about it.

For the Moorsiders’ tie with Queen’s Park has been chosen by BBC Scotland as their TV match.

It has meant that the game cannot be played at Moorside Park as it is to be broadcast on Monday night, with a 7.45pm kick-off, and the venue will be Kelty Hearts’ New Central Park.

It will be the first Bluebell game that has been broadcast on national television and everyone at the club is looking forward to the historic occasion.

QP, under manager Ray McKinnon, have been having a very good start to the season and currently lead League 2 and have a lot of good attacking players.

Latest recruit is former Dundee United and Hibs striker Simon Murray but they also have David Galt, who has played for the club for several seasons, and is seen as one of the best attacking players in League 2.

They also have former Morton front man Jai Quitongo and ex-Falkirk striker Bob McHugh, so the ’Bell will have to be at their best to make a real game of it for the cameras.

Said ‘Bell boss Kevin Fotheringham: “This is going to be a huge occasion for the club and is a good reward for winning our two qualifying ties.

”I suppose the only disappointment is that we cannot play it at Moorside but it is good that we are still playing in the locality.

“We will have to be at our best to be able compete with Queen’s Park but that is our aim and the lads are really up for the occasion.”

The ‘Bell have three long term injuries which will hinder their hopes but goalkeeper James Lennox, out for some weeks, looks certain to be fit.

The other two local Non League sides in first round cup action are Kelty Hearts and Hill of Beath Hawthorn.

Hearts are at home to East Premier League side Jeanfield Swifts, who have made a super start to their campaign.

They lie second in the table five points behind leaders Tranent but with three games in hand, so Kelty will be pleased they are at home on Saturday rather than having a hazardous trip to Perthshire.

Kelty will fancy their chances but will be fully aware of the dangers that the Swifts pose.

Meanwhile the Haws will be travelling 150 miles for their tie with Highland League side Keith.

Keith are in the top half of the table and will be awkward opponents for the Haws.

The club’s general manager, Jock Finlayson, said: “It is going to be quite a haul for a Boxing Day fixture but it gives the boys a chance to win a place in round two where the League 1 clubs come into the competition.”

Saturday’s league games were again affected by wet weather with only three taking place but these produced fine results for Kelty Hearts and Lochore Welfare.

Kelty Hearts 2,

Stirling University 0.

HEARTS collected another three points against a stuffy University side and have gone seven points clear at the top of the Lowland League table.

Kelty were keen to build on their 4-0 midweek win over Spartans and started really well with Kallum Higginbotham going close in eight minutes.

There was a lot of activity in the University half but their defence was solid and the students went close with a shot which just cleared Scott Jamieson’s bar.

In 22 minutes Nathan Austin rounded the ‘keeper but saw his shot hit a post and bounce clear, then four minutes later Jamie Stevenson’s shot was brilliantly saved.

Soon after Hearts took the lead. Michael Tidser’s shot was blocked by the ‘keeper and Austin was in the perfect spot to shoot home the rebound.

Then on the half hour they grabbed a second from Ryan Shanley, but University started the second period well and had two really good chances to pull one back.

However, Hearts had a chance to add a third when the students’ defence got in a fankle and conceded a penalty but their ‘keeper saved Higginbotham’s spot-kick.

Stirling never gave up but just couldn’t fashion a goal and the home side held on to record an important win, which puts them in an impressive position.

Crossgates Primrose 1,

Sauchie 2.

A REALLY tight East of Scotland Premier League match at Humbug Park, but Primrose just could not create enough chances to earn a point.

The Clackmannanshire side are always a well organised and are not the sort to give away an early goal too.

But unfortunately that is what happened to Crossgates, when in only eight minutes Sauchie put together a decent move and their trialist ‘keeper had no chance of keeping the ball out.

However, the home side soon started to pose problems for the visitors and Archie Campbell and Scott Lawrie both got in good efforts.

But in 28 minutes a foul in the Primrose box gave Sauchie the chance to extend their lead from the spot which they gratefully took.

Crossgates came out for the second period desperate for an early goal and Reagan Lumsden went close as did Lawrie, but they just could not get the ball in the net.

Sauchie defended solidly but in 88 minutes Lawrie got through and pulled one back and it set up a tense finish, but the hosts just could not get a leveller.

The result leaves Crossgates on 10 points, seven clear of the bottom three sides.

Eyemouth United 0,

Lochore Welfare 5.

THIS East of Scotland First Division Conference B game was supposed to be at Crosshill but the persistent rain saw the fixture switched to the Borders and Lochore took full advantage to record their first league win of the season.

Kellar Harris was the star for the Welfare with his skill and speed posing the United defence all sorts of problems.

He opened the scoring with a good finish and it settled Lochore who started to dominate.

There were quite a few incidents in the Eyemouth box but they escaped further damage until Harris struck again midway through the half.

Welfare ‘keeper, Dale Wotherspoon, was a virtual spectator and Harris struck again to make the half-time score 3-0.

The second period saw more of the same with Lochore in charge and they went four up when Harris was fouled in the United box and Aaron Wood converted the resultant penalty.

Lochore kept looking for more goals and Harris brought his personal tally for four as the local side went nap to ensure their first three point haul which takes them on to six points from eight games and fourth bottom spot.

Manager James Adam was delighted with the performance: “It was good to get the game switched and we played some really good stuff.

“I was really pleased for Kellar who got four goals, he posed Eyemouth all sorts of problems.”

Saturday’s fixtures: Scottish Cup first round, Kelty Hearts v Jeanfield Swifts 3pm, Keith v Hill of Beath Hawthorn 3pm.

Sunday, East of Scotland Premier League v Inverkeithing Hillfield swifts 1.30pm.

Monday, Scottish Cup first round, Dundonald Bluebell v Queen’s Park 7.45pm at New Central Park, Kelty.