TWO teenage girls made up allegations that they were sexually attacked, the man accused of raping them told a jury today.

Devin Andrews said he believed the two 16-year-olds had both consented to sex with him.

He claimed an oral sex session with one them had just happened “out of the blue” without anything being said and that the sexual encounters had been "on the spur of the moment".

He claimed the girl had willingly taken part in another sex session under a duvet on the floor while their friend lay awake on a bed less than two metres away.

The alleged victim gave evidence that he forced her into having sex and said she had told him she was in “excruciating pain” and didn’t want to do it.

Andrews, 18, from Glenrothes, Fife, told the jury at the High Court in Livingston that having sex with the other 16-year-old had been “a mistake” because they were both drunk after a party.

However, he insisted that all three sexual encounters at a house in Lochgelly had been consensual and said he continued to be friends with both girls following the incidents in July and September 2018.

Andrews, who denies all the charges, said he had been living in foster care in Lochgelly at the time of the alleged offences.

He admitted in evidence that he was in a relationship with one of the girls when he cheated on her with the other.

He said: “I felt horrified because I knew we shouldn’t have done it.”

He claimed the teenager who was briefly his girlfriend had walked him to the end of the driveway after one lovemaking session.

He told the jury: “She said she loved me and she kissed me on the cheek and said she’d see me tomorrow.”

He claimed he did see her the following day and continued dating her until he ended the relationship a few weeks later.

Advocate depute William Frain-Bell questioned Andrews’ stated position that all three sexual acts had been consensual.

Cross examining the accused he said: “There’s a common thread coming through. You made it happen on each of these occasions.

"It was going to happen and you made it happen. That’s right isn’t it?” Andrews replied: “No.”

The prosecutor quoted the evidence of one girl who told the court: “I did nothing. I told him to stop, I didn’t want to scream for help because my little sister was in the house.

"After a while I gave up. There was no getting him off me.”

He said to Andrews: “That doesn’t sound consensual, does it?” The accused replied: “No it doesn’t.”

However, Andrews added: “She did not ask me to stop and she didn’t scream for help. None of these things were ever said.”

“So she must have just made them up, Mr Frain-Bell said. “That’s correct,” Andrews replied.

Under further questioning, Andrews admitted that the teenager who was his girlfriend had not given him any indication that she wanted to perform oral sex on him.

He claimed she had told him she wanted to give him oral sex earlier in the relationship.

He denied assuming that she was a willing sexual partner, adding: “I didn’t think at all.”

Mr Frain-Bell told him: “That’s the point. You didn’t think at all, you just assumed.

"You decided you wanted to have sex with these two girls.”

Andrews answered: “That’s not what happened. No, it just happened out of the blue."

Quoting the girl who claimed Andrews had raped her twice, the advocate depute put to the accused: “She said she didn’t have much of a choice. She felt it was what was expected.”

Andrews replied: “She did have a choice. She chose it.”

The prosecutor continued reading from the girl’s evidence in which she said: “I told him I was uncomfortable, I was in pain, I didn’t want to do it.”

He asked Andrews: “That doesn’t sound like consent does it?” He replied: “No it doesn’t.

Mr Frain-Bell went on: “I put it to you there was plenty of conversation and it was coming from (the complainer).” Andrews responded: “That’s not correct. It was a spur of the moment. She seemed pretty happy to me. She was still being the girlfriend that she was before.”

The trial, before Lord Uist, continues.