A LOCHGELLY man “completely lost the plot” after his wife was knocked over in an incident at a local pub.

Craig Orr’s wife had been trying to break up an argument when she was struck.

The man involved then received 62 messages from Orr the next day, including threats of violence.

Orr later went to the man’s house shouting for him to come out and fight.

His actions led to Orr, 34, of Stewart Crescent, appearing at Dunfermline Sheriff Court

He admitted that on August 3, he sent a number of messages on Facebook to the complainer that were grossly offensive and made threats of violence and offensive remarks repeatedly.

He also admitted that at Page Street, Lochgelly, he made threats of violence repeatedly towards the complainer and challenged him to fight.

Depute fiscal Azrah Yousaf said there had been an incident between the complainer and another man in a pub in Lochgelly which continued out of the bar and into the street.

At 9.20am the next morning, the complainer received a message from Orr saying: “Don’t go around manhandling my missus. Either come and see me or I’ll be at your door tonight.”

The complainer had replied that he did not manhandle her and that she had been knocked over accidentally.

However, he then received another message saying: “I’ve seen the videos, d***-head. Don’t think this is the end of it. You punched her on the a***. Watch what I do to you.”

The messages continued throughout the day, including: “Wee faggot, I’ll see you outside after work.”

By 9.20pm, Orr had sent 62 messages to the complainer. Shortly afterwards, the complainer’s wife looked out of the window and saw a man outside, walking up to their garden fence, shouting and making threats.

“Come out, ya s****-bag. You’re lucky you’ve got bairns or I’d come through the door,” Orr shouted.

This went on for 10 minutes before Orr left and the police were contacted.

Defence solicitor James Moncrieff said: “His wife is the licensee at the pub where the complainer had been involved in an incident. In the video, he swings for somebody and she gets knocked over trying to break it up.

“Mr Orr knows he dealt with the matter poorly. He accepts he saw red and completely lost the plot.”

Sheriff Alastair Brown said: “It was a gross over-reaction.”

He called for reports and Orr will be sentenced on September 30.