A WOMAN suffered severe injuries after being repeatedly punched, throttled and thrown to the ground by her violent partner in Kelty.

The victim suffered a fractured eye socket in the brutal assault by Michael Munro.

Munro, 32, from Kelty, and currently prisoner at Perth, appeared from custody at Dunfermline Sheriff Court.

He admitted that on October 18, at an address in Kelty, he assaulted his partner, by jumping on top of her, causing her to fall to the ground, sat astride her, seized her by the throat, punched her on the head repeatedly and threw her to the ground, all to her severe injury.

The victim sustained a fractured eye socket and it was thought initially she may have a bleed on the brain. She suffered dizziness, blurred vision and severe headaches following the assault.

Depute fiscal Claire Bremner said that, at the time, the couple had been in a relationship for six months.

At 3pm, they had gone to a local pub and both were drinking. Munro told her he was leaving her and was going back to his ex-partner.

She went home at 5pm and went to bed. She later heard loud banging at the door and then Munro came running upstairs. He jumped on top of her and they both fell on the floor.

He was straddled on top of her and grabbed her by the throat. He punched her on the face and she began feeling light-headed. The woman bit his finger in a bid to defend herself, the court was told.

A neighbour heard the noise and went to their door but left when there was no response.

Munro went downstairs and the victim thought he had left the house.

She tried to phone for help but Munro reappeared. “He tried to cuddle her but she told him she could not forgive him,” the depute continued.

Munro became angry again and the frightened woman picked up a knife, the court heard.

He was laughing at her and was filming her on a phone. He then threw her on the floor.

Munro later claimed to police that his partner had assaulted him and he was “too scared to go back there”.

Sheriff Alastair Brown called for reports and Munro will be sentenced on March 10. He will remain in custody until then.