A SHOCK find among grapes her ten year-old son was eating has made a Ballingry mum warn people to always ensure they wash fruit before it is eaten.

On Wednesday Kimberley Guild bought grapes, at the Co-op Supermarket, in Lochleven Road, Lochore, for her boys Cuba, 10, and Osca, 5.

They were half way through them when Cuba found a strange looking bug in his grapes.

Said Kimberley: "I was truly shocked when he called out.

"I found this creature crawling about in the grapes and I thought, is this a Widow spider? Or some sort of strange beetle?

"I took the grapes from the kids and contacted the Co-op to make them aware of my find.

"Five days later I got a response response saying that they were 'sorry' but that 'all fruit and vegetables get washed' and that I would get a refund for the grapes".

She added: "The experience has put my children off eating grapes after what was a very scary time. I thought to myself, what if either of them had eaten this creature. Could be it be a poisoned bug?

"Certainly now I will will always wash fruit and thoroughly check items before we eat them.

"I would say that it is something I would advise everyone to do after what happened on Wednesday."

A Co-op spokesperson, said: “We have robust processes in place to ensure the quality of our products and are sorry that these have not been met on this occasion.

"We have been in touch with the customer who has been compensated for the inconvenience caused by this incident.”