A COWDENBEATH man has been jailed for a catalogue of offending, including anti-social behaviour towards neighbours, spitting at police and vandalism at a hospital.

Greg Black, 27, of South Street, appeared from custody at Dunfermline Sheriff to be sentenced for his repeated offences.

He had been given the opportunity of community-based sentences but continued to break the law.

Black previously admitted that on September 23 last year at his home, during the course of journey to the Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, in a police vehicle and then on a journey to Dunfermline police station and at the station, he behaved in a threatening or abusive manner by repeatedly shouting, swearing, acting aggressively, uttering threats of violence and repeatedly spitting at a police officer.

On this occasion, police were called to his home in response to a noise complaint.

Black told officers he was feeling depressed and they offered to take him to hospital.

Initially, he agreed but then threatened the police with violence and was handcuffed.

Black went on the tell officers: “I hope you f****** die, your family and children” and also “I will f****** find you and f*** you and your family up”.

He also admitted that on July 12 at Fife Primary Care NHS Trust, Lomond Stratheden Park, Cupar, he maliciously smashed a bottle and a chest of drawers, blocked a sink with paper towels, turned on taps and caused flooding.

On July 13 at South Street, Cowdenbeath, he assaulted a police officer by repeatedly spitting on him.

He then assaulted another police officer by kicking him.

Black also admitted that at Dunfermline police station he assaulted a third police constable by spitting on his head.

He further admitted that at the Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, he shouted, swore and spat.

On December 5 at his home he shouted and struck the walls.

On December 15 at his home he caused noise annoyance by the use of his television when required to desist by police officers.

Then on the way to Dunfermline police station in a police vehicle he shouted, swore and made threats of violence.

On May 19 this year, at his home he was shouting, swearing, acting aggressively and made a threat of violence.

On the same day, at Dunfermline police station he assaulted a police officer by spitting on him.

He then made racially abusive remarks towards the same officer.

Sheriff Charles MacNair imposed jail terms which came to a total of 16 months.