CAUSING a disturbance in a takeaway shop ended in a court appearance for one Kelty man this week.

Garry Fisher had not been happy that a delivery driver had allowed his daughter to travel in his vehicle.

Appearing at Dunfermline Sheriff Court on Wednesday, Fisher, 38, of Burnside Place, had earlier admitted that on October 23, at Blackhall Square and Sanderling Way, Dunfermline, he behaved in a threatening or abusive manner by shouting, swearing, uttering threats and acting in an aggressive manner.

He also assaulted two police officers in the execution of their duty in Sanderling Way by kicking them.

Fisher was also appearing for sentencing on another charge that on June 8, at Loch Leven Terrace, he behaved in a threatening or abusive manner which was likely to cause fear or alarm by shouting, swearing, acting in an aggressive manner and uttering threats of violence towards another man.

Depute fiscal Alistair McDermott said Fisher had gone into The Kelty Fry with a friend and became irate and hostile with one worker.

“The reason being something to do with the accused’s daughter being driven in the witness’ vehicle while he was out on delivery.” he told the court. “The accused became aggressive, he was shouting and swearing.”

Police were called and, after attempts to calm him down, Fisher was arrested. The police officers stopped on the way to the police station and attempted to confiscate his phone however while they were doing this, he kicked two of them.

Solicitor Alexander Flett said his client very much regretted the matter.

“He had been drinking and doesn’t normally do that,” he said. “He had gone to raise concerns which may have been legitimate on having heard that his daughter had been spending time in the vehicle with the delivery driver.

"With hindsight, his behaviour was entirely inappropriate and he is apologetic about what has taken place.”

Mr Flett said Fisher seems to have panicked when the officers had attempted to take his phone.

He added: “He entirely accepts the officers were in the right and he was in the wrong. He accepts that and he accepts fully his responsibility for doing that. He is fortunate no-one was injured as a result of this particular incident.”

Sheriff Chris Shead placed Fisher on a community payback order with supervision for 12 months and a requirement to carry out a total of 180 hours of unpaid work.