A DISAPPOINTING Saturday for Kelty Hearts and Hill of Beath Hawthorn who both drew their East Super League games.
But what a performance from Dundonald Bluebell who made it four wins in a row by thrashing Bo’ness United 5-0 at Moorside.

Broughty Athletic 0,
Kelty Hearts 0.
THIS Super League game had very few chances for either side at a blustery Whitton Park and it took until the 17 minute mark before a real chance fell to the away side, when Jordyn Sheerin got through with only the ‘keeper to beat but the Athletic man pulled off a great save down to his left-hand post.
The hard dry pitch, allied to the wind, made life difficult for the players and defences dominated but Broughty thought they had scored on the half hour but a push on a defender saw a foul given.
Just on the interval a shot seemed to come off a Broughty hand in the box but the referee turned aside the appeals for a spot-kick.
The second half was 10 minutes old when Hearts tried their luck and a 25 yard effort from Stephen Husband sailed over the bar but in 65 minutes a home short corner saw a fierce shot from 20 yards out bring a fantastic save from the Kelty keeper Kyle Marley.  The following corner was swung in but was saved on the line by the ‘keeper despite appeals from the Broughty players it crossed the line.
 Kelty continued to have more of the possession but the conditions made it difficult to really create quality chances and the match petered out as a draw.
The result leaves Hearts 21 points ahead of Bonnyrigg Rose with eight games more played but Kelty boss Thomas Courts tweeted: “Really wanted the three points today but the blustery wind, a fiery pitch and a decent home side meant only one, but we march on.”

Hill of Beath Hawthorn 1,
Musselburgh Athletic 1.
HAWS were really wanting all three Super League from this one but alas the strong wind saw chances really limited at Keir’s Park.
The opening stages saw opportunities limited  but after 18 minutes Greg Smith ran in on a back pass and the Athletic ‘keeper blasted the ball off him and it rolled just inches wide.
Musselburgh had a lot of the ball but really Stuart Hall did not have a difficult save to make and at the break it was 0-0.
Burgh stepped up their game after the break and in 54 minutes took the lead when hesitation in the home defence was capitalised upon by a 20 yard drive into the bottom corner.
Calum Adamson and Lee Bryce were posing the visitors problems down the wings and there were a few close calls for Burgh but they had a couple of half chances themselves which came to nothing.
Then with eight minutes to go came the equaliser. Smith started the move with a good pass to Adamson and his cross was met by Bryce who fired a 16 yarder into the net.
After that there were a few corners for Haws and from one of them Rikki Dair’s header came off the bar but stayed out.
The result leaves Haws on 27 points from 23 games and five clear of the play-off zone so boss Bobby Wilson was disappointed not to get the win: “To be fair the conditions were really awkward.
“The park was very dry and bouncy and the high wind made control difficult but it would have been good to see Rikki’s header hit the net rather than the woodwork.
“We really need to rack up a few wins in our closing games to get in to the top half of the table and now of course, we see the midweek matches starting so it will be a busy period”.

Dundonald Bluebell 5,
Boness United 0.
AN historic win for the Bluebell with their biggest ever win over the former Super League champions.
Dundonald got a dream start in only two minutes the visiting defence blundered and the dangerous Lewis McKenzie wasted no time in whipping a close range shot into the net.
It was all ‘Bell and John Martin tested the ‘keeper with a fierce shot and then McKenzie saw the Boness last line make a fine save from his finish.
Boness at last got going and on the half hour Dundonald ‘keeper James Lennox pulled off a top drawer save but seconds later ‘Bell doubled their lead when Martin provided the cross and Barry Sibanda headed home.
Two up at the break Dundonald keep looking for more goals, even against the wind, and on the hour McKenzie made it 3-0 with a spectacular free-kick which flew into the roof of the net.
Boness made a triple substitution but they were out of the picture and Scott Lawrie, on as a substitute, headed home to make it four and then Sibanda ran clean through for number five to give Boness their biggest defeat of the season.
The win puts Bluebell on 44 points in fourth place something which really pleased boss Stevie Kay: “Four successive wins at this level is a tremendous performance by the lads and to take five off Boness  shows the levels of form they are producing.
“We have two games left and the target is to win them to reach the 50 point mark which was purely a dream at the start of the season.”

West Calder United 1,
Lochgelly Albert 2.
ANOTHER South Division three point haul for the Berts but they need some help from other clubs to break in to the top three.
A fierce wind and a grassless pitch meant that conditions were not good at West Calder but Lochgelly took a grip of things from the start and created a couple of good chances but were denied by some great goalkeeping.
The Berts desperately wanted the first goal and it came when a long Ian Miller throw was perfect for John Duffy to bullet a header into the net.
West Calder did not really threaten and in 39 minutes came the second. A shot struck a West Calder hand and the resultant penalty was converted by Lewis Elder to make the break score 2-0.
In the second period Albert were not so effective as an attacking unit and West Calder gave themselves a lifeline with a goal in 86 minutes but the nearest to another goal came at the United end when Lochgelly’s Craig Paterson got clean through but shot wide.
Albert are on 43 points from 20 games in fourth place and need to win their closing six games to finish third including beating second top Pumpherston in the Lothians’ side’s last game, to achieve it.

Blackburn United 6,
Crossgates Primrose 0.
THE South Division leaders were much took strong for managerless Crossgates although it was only in the second period that United turned their possession in to goals.
Indeed, the opening stages were pretty close and both teams had opportunities to score with the respective ‘keepers doing well.
Seven minutes from the interval Blackburn grabbed the lead and it turned the game very much in their favour.
Two goals in two minutes on 60 and 62 really put the game to bed from a Blackburn point of view and three late goals summed up Primrose’s recent form.
They lie in 12th spot on 17 points with three games to play.

Lochore Welfare 5,
Newburgh 1.
A GREAT performance from the young Welfare side which has given them hope of finishing outwith the bottom two sides in the North Division.
Burgh have been having a decent season and were nine points ahead of Lochore before kick-off but the home side took a grip of the game from the start.
They forced several early openings and grabbed the lead in only three minutes after a fine finish from James Adam.
Newburgh were taken aback and second goal came when Keiran Hicks’ effort flew past the ‘keeper after 24 minutes and a minute later it was 3-0 with Kevin Easton converting a well worked move.
Newburgh came out battling for the second period and pulled one back after 53 minutes but there was no way Welfare were going to slacken their grip and two late goals allowed them to go nap.
The marksmen were Donaldson and Thomson.
The result pushes Lochore on to 11 points from 23 games and two wins out of their last three games could see them finish fourth from bottom.
Wednesday’s fixtures: McBookie.com East Super League, Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Broughty Athletic (6.45pm).
Saturday’s fixtures, McBookie.com East Super League, Camelon v Hill of Beath Hawthorn. McBookie.com South Division, Lochgelly Albert v Stoneyburn, Rosyth Rec v Crossgates Primrose. McBookie.com North Division, Coupar Angus v Lochore Welfare. East of Scotland Cup, Sauchie v Kelty Hearts (2.30pm).